Vision Protection for the Whole Brood
You can help keep young eyes healthy for a lifetime with family eye care from the Neal Eye Group. We have the experience to monitor and care for eyes during the different stages of life. Start your children off on the right foot with the tools for long-term visual acuity by bringing them in for an exam. Make it a family affair at the Neal Eye Group.
Checkups for Every Member of the Family
At different ages, a person’s eyes need different levels of care and varying frequencies of examination. Neal Eye Group has the broad experience to provide the same level of care to each family member, no matter how young or old.
Children are undergoing rapid changes in their bodies, so more frequent tests are useful to monitor for any adverse developments that could become debilitating if left unchecked.
- Infants should have their vision checked every time they go in for a regular health exam.
- A baseline should be established by the time the child is around three years of age.
- Starting in or around first grade, checkups should be occurring roughly every one to two years.
Healthy adults under 40 generally don’t require very frequent eye exams. However, since regular vision testing is often the only way to catch potentially serious eye problems, it’s probably a good idea to get checked every two years, at least.
Adults over 40 have entered a stage of life during which many body systems are more prone to injury and deterioration. They should be examined by an optometrist more frequently for conditions such as:
- Cataracts, a cloudy haze in the corneas
- Glaucoma, a condition caused by pressure behind the eye
- Macular degeneration, which is a deterioration of the retina
- Diabetic retinopathy, another type of retinal deterioration, caused by high blood sugar
Get Your Family on the Right Track
Call us today at (610) 828-9701 to start your whole family on the road to vision health. You may also choose to contact us using our online form. We can’t wait to welcome your family into ours.